I have had a lot going on lately and I am trying hard to relax. I take big cleansing breaths and try to let my shoulders down. It finally dawned on me that thinking about peace would help me.
A long time ago, my mother used to tell us that she wanted more ‘peace and quiet.’ And that’s a good start. Here are some other definitions of peace:
- The state prevailing during the absence of war. I clearly remember the 60’s and early 70’s when peace protesters were everywhere.
- Freedom from disputes – ‘the roommates lived in peace together.’
- The absence of mental stress and anxiety
- The peace symbol
- Peace is an Athenian Old Comedy written and produced by the Greek playwright Aristophanes.
- The Peace rose is the most famous and successful garden rose of all time. Over a hundred million plants had been sold, as of 1992. It is a hybrid Tea rose with large flowers and a light yellow to cream color. (Doesn’t that make you feel peaceful!)
- ‘Peace’ is Depeche Mode’s second single from their most recent studio album, Sounds of the Universe and their 47th UK single overall.
- “Peace?” is a single from the hardcore punk band The Dicks released in 1984*
And, I will leave you with this:
“May we have peace”